10 Useful Tips For Writing A College Essay About John Hopkins
John Hopkins, the noted 20th century English academic, is a popular choice for college essay application writing. Besides having an extraordinary life, John Hopkins made tremendous contributions to education, something that many admissions committee members want to see in evaluating your own personality and character. Here are 10 useful tips for writing a great college essay about John Hopkins:
- Develop a plan of attack
- Do some preliminary research
- Do some in-depth research
- Focus on a single topic
- Make sure it meets requirements
- Create an outline and thesis
- Start free writing your paper
- Revise the paper’s content
- Edit and proofread your work
- Get some outside advice
Organization is an essential key in this type of written assignment. Develop a good plan of attack with manageable tasks and detailed schedule. This will ensure you aren’t trying to get everything done in the last minute.
You should do some preliminary research online to get some ideas about the major or most significant parts of John Hopkins’ life or ideas. You don’t need to cite this information but it should give bigger picture of what you can focus on in your paper.
Do a little more digging. Take your preliminary notes and start focusing on some things you want to learn more about. You don’t need to spend days doing research but you should at least spend one evening reading through academic resources.
Generally, you’re going to have limited space to make your case, so it’s important that you focus on just a single topic so that you don’t get overwhelmed by not presenting enough detail in any one area.
Reread the college essay prompt and compare it with your topic idea. Does your topic meet all of the requirements? If not, you need to go back and find information that will answer every part of the prompt.
Take your notes and ideas and create an outline for your paper, as well as a draft thesis statement to guide your argument. Keep your outline next to you as you write the first draft to help keep on track.
Don’t wait to get started on a first draft. A lot of students leave the assignment to the last minute and as a result submit poorly written applications. Don’t worry about getting stuff done write the first time. Just get to writing.
Sticking with your work plan you should have time to set your college essay for a few days before you starting your revisions. This will help you approach your work critically so that you can effectively improve the content.
A poorly written paper that is filled with grammar, spelling or punctuation errors will come off as unprofessional. Don’t miss out on your last chance to make a good impression. Spend plenty of time editing and proofreading your entire work.
Lastly, don’t forget to have someone else review your paper so that you can receive some unbiased advice for improvement. A friend or a parent will be tremendously helpful, but also consider an English teacher or college advisor for assistance.
- Process analysis paper topics
- 3 paragraph writing about summer time
- Visual rhetorical analysis paper samples
- Ideas for a paper on education
- Picking reflective essay topics
- Topics for argumentative paper
- Politics in Africa: essau example
- Picking cause/effect topics
- Writing on the pros of organic food
- 3-body paragraph essay examples
- Profile paper examples: where to find?
- Ideas for compare and contrast essay
- Persuasive essay thesis statement
- Writing about zombie apocalypse
- Persuasive writing ideas on sports
- How to get top marks day by day
- Selecting your writing company
- Crafting an illustration essay on friendship
- Composing an illustrative paper
- Sample literary essay on Frankenstein
- Oil purification systems - sample
- Creating a thesis statement
- Crafting a descriptive essay on baseball
- Selecting a US history topic
- Writing topics for third grade
- Choosing compare/contrast topics
- Recycling argument essay prompts
- Music paper topic: 20 unique ideas
- 15 ideas for proposal paper
- Getting expository essay samples