A Manual For High School Students: What Is A Literary Analysis Essay?
A literary analysis essay is a review of a written work. It is the author’s opinion of another author’s written work. It can include the facts being reviewed, reaction to the details, conflicting views, and praise. It can review any type of paper whether it is an essay, novel, or article. It is similar to a book report but can be completed on any type of paper.
The idea is to give your reader your opinion on a piece of work. You will need to read and analyze the piece of work. You will want to include some information on the actual piece of work. You may also want to give a little information on the author of the original piece as well. There is a pretty specific way that you will want to set up this paper.
Setting your paper up
The first paragraph will include background information about the author. It will also give your reader a brief synopsis of the piece of work. The introduction portion of the paper is going to give the reader all of the background information needed to understand the review even if the reader never read the original piece of work. The next section of the introduction will include a thesis statement. It will capture the essence of the piece of work that you are reviewing.
There are various ways to go about reviewing the piece of work. One way to review the piece of work is to look at the language technicalities. It will look at the meaning behind the work or the imagery that it uses. It can look at the message that the piece of work is trying to portray. You can also look at the historical context of the work. By analyzing the word choice, you can determine what time period the work was based on. You should try and find three main aspects to talk about and explain each of these three in a different paragraph.
The conclusion will be your final paragraph and will simply bring it all together and give your reader an idea of your overall opinion on the work. It should also reiterate your thesis statement.
A literary analysis essay is a lot like a book report. It is designed to get the author’s opinion on a literary piece. It will include a brief description of the piece and some information on the many aspects of that piece.
- Process analysis paper topics
- 3 paragraph writing about summer time
- Visual rhetorical analysis paper samples
- Ideas for a paper on education
- Picking reflective essay topics
- Topics for argumentative paper
- Politics in Africa: essau example
- Picking cause/effect topics
- Writing on the pros of organic food
- 3-body paragraph essay examples
- Profile paper examples: where to find?
- Ideas for compare and contrast essay
- Persuasive essay thesis statement
- Writing about zombie apocalypse
- Persuasive writing ideas on sports
- How to get top marks day by day
- Selecting your writing company
- Crafting an illustration essay on friendship
- Composing an illustrative paper
- Sample literary essay on Frankenstein
- Oil purification systems - sample
- Creating a thesis statement
- Crafting a descriptive essay on baseball
- Selecting a US history topic
- Writing topics for third grade
- Choosing compare/contrast topics
- Recycling argument essay prompts
- Music paper topic: 20 unique ideas
- 15 ideas for proposal paper
- Getting expository essay samples